Anaheim Transportation Network
Anaheim Transportation Network (ATN) is a network of transit and micro-transit routes with services to major attractions like Disneyland Resort, Knott’s Berry Farm, and Angel Stadium.
With the goal of becoming California’s first all-electric bus fleet by 2025, ATN sought out an energy partner with innovative technologies and services to help them achieve it. After a competitive selection process, ATN chose bp pulse for our comprehensive management of their charging operations — including design, installation, equipment procurement, and fleet management.
46 electric transit buses
Avg 46.71 MWh / month
$4.8M in projected fuel savings
To solve for permanent infrastructure constraints at one of ATN’s facilities, bp pulse designed and built a portable, pre-assembled, and containerized EVSE solution, Inrush. Two upcycled shipping containers were customized to ATN’s needs, with 10 fast and flexible charging stations to power all their electric buses. Requiring minimal site construction with all the necessary gear housed inside each container, ATN can easily deploy Inrush containers to support any facility or operational changes they may encounter in the future.
Through comprehensive charge management services that minimize operational expenditures and maintain bus service requirements, bp pulse’s sophisticated software, Omega, reduces ATN’s peak electrical demands from 5 MW to just under 2 MW.
- Integrates seamlessly with ATN’s multiple EVSE, telematics, and fleet management platforms.
- Offers 99.9% vehicle uptime.
- Monitors all aspects of the EV fleet in real time.
- Optimizes bus charging for operational availability.
We’ve landed in Anaheim, first delivery of inrush arrives for customer Anaheim Transportation Network
With bp pulse, ATN is estimated to save $4.8M more in fuel savings over 20 years as compared to liquid natural gas (LNG) or compressed natural gas (CNG).
Powered by the sun
Through bp pulse, ATN benefits from a unique partnership with our partners at Duke Energy who build and own solar PV assets, selling this 100% renewable energy to ATN via a 20-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) – with no upfront capital required.
- bp pulse installed, tested, and commissioned 50 EV chargers and solar parking canopies for ATN.
- bp pulse owns, operates, warrants, and maintains the EVSE and PV at a fixed rate of 4.9 cents/kWh.
- Each solar canopy provides approximately 25% of ATN’s total expected energy consumption.
Expanding our partnership
This partnership will benefit two key ATN sites:
- Supplementary charging stations
- Maintenance bays
- Automatic bus wash station
- State-of-the-art, all-electric bus depot
- Housing 82 buses
The cost savings ATN will yield through bp pulse will add an additional 40 electric buses to their existing electric bus fleet.
Project Manager at ATN